Thursday, March 6, 2008

YEP! IT'S THURSDAY

I don't know about you, but Thursdays have always been strange days. Like I'm a stranger in a stranger world. Ever wake up on Thursday and ask yourself, "what am I doing here?" "What am I supposed to be doing here?" Me too, and I have no answers to those time worn questions. This morning I ignored the questions, fixed my tea and headed to the balcony, so I could soak up sun and enjoy the view. I still haven't pulled my book cover that I've been commissioned to do, from the bottom of the pile. Think I will leave it there until next week. I worked on the painting that Barb and I have agreed to each paint and trade with each other. Hers is finished and it is wonderful. After viewing it I'm thinking, Oh brother! ,maybe I should tell her I was only kidding. Probably a good way to lose a good friend, so I won't. I still haven't started my "Ascension" painting. It's sketched and ready, but I'm not. Anyway, I'm thinking perhaps this Thursday is not a very good day for words, just art.

"Her Friends"

"Peaches and Cream"

Several quarters ago the challenge on http://www.watercolorpassion.com/ was titled "Kitchens". I am a lover of kitchens. Some of my greatest memories take place in the kitchen. Being raised on a ranch the kitchen was the center of all things good (and sometimes bad). I got spanked in the kitchen too. I had a bath more than one in a galvanized wash tub in water heated on a wood burnng cook range. Eventually electricity came our way and we modernized. We had a Chuckwagon stored in our shed and I remembered that. It surely was a kitchen and I suppose that even today, Chuckwagons are still used during roundups and branding season on some of the bigger ranches. Below is my rendition of a working Chuckwagon.

"Prairie Kitchen"

"The Potting Shed"

Have a good Thursday. Can I have this Dance?

1 comment:

Barb Sailor said...

I still say you should write a book about all your myriad experiences, and of course use your wonderful paintings to illustrate it! How about it?
Luv ya,
Barb