Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back in the Groove

Hello to Ohio
I've never been to Ohio, and am pretty sure I won't visit there during the winter. Let's see. ice storms, snow storms, rain storms and lightning storms. Did you have hail storms? Can't remember if my good friend Barb said she suffered through a hail storm. Well just so you don't get the winter blues, I've posted some pictures to pick you up and remind you that the sun does shine somewhere in the world. It's past 5 o'clock and I missed my Caipringa. But tomorrow is another day, right? I finally finished my "Ascension" painting. I'm still trying to decided whether to call it "Ascension" or 'Rapture". Sorry about the angle. Couldn't redo it, my camera batteries are running weird and its a trek clear around this huge city to buy more at Igatemi Mall. You should be able to click on it to enlarge. I also completed the commissioned painting I've been working on for the Christian book cover. I haven't submitted it to the author yet, waiting for an expert opinion from friend Barb. She seems to keep me on the straight and narrow. Visit her blog at http://www.barbarasailor.blogspot.com/. Her paintings are wonderful. Of course, she's just a little bit "wacky", (how else can we be friends), she's just completed a painting of a lady's face she discovered in the tile of her bathroom floor. Check it out - you won't be disappointed. I'm being told that spring is on the way in the states which is good. I was asked today, now that we are going into fall if the foliage changes, or if there are noticeable changes. None that I have seen, other than a bit more rain, which causes the humidity to rise. Haven't discovered the name of these trees that have the largest leaves I believe I've ever seen. They drop, but it seems within days they simply replenish what they lost. The trees are really beautiful and have a huge spread with bright red flowers. They remind me of the Mayan Fire Trees in the Yucatan Peninsula.
And yes it's me on the beach. Can't Dance if you don't try.

1 comment:

Barb Sailor said...

So glad to see a new post!!! Yes, we also have hail in Ohio - but not as big as I experienced in your home state of Colorado last year! That was the most impressive hail I have ever seen. Love the Ascension painting - but it should be called The Rapture!
Luv ya,
Barb