Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday's Child. . .

We're heading back to rain. Clouds are beginning to build and the sun is intermittent now. A good day to relax and read a book. Or play Canasta. I learned as a child. My parents taught me and we played three handed Canasta. I've never been comfortable playing partners in any kind of card game. Can't stand to be yelled at! I found out that Ana knows how to play Canasta as well, however, her game is somewhat different from my version. We traded back and forth, but often she would rather play my version. In two-handed canasta, you learn to be a hard core player. In other words you are on pins and needles wanting the discard pile so bad you can taste it. And when your opponent gets it, you vow blood revenge, but when you get it you are gleefully evil in your deep seated satisfaction. When I was in my early twenties a lady in our town suggested my two friends, Bonnie and Fred and I learn to play bridge. She said she would teach us. Each Sunday after church we would go to her house. I would absolutely pray that my hand was the "dummy" hand. I just couldn't concentrate and be serious enough for her satisfaction. Finally, after the 3rd or 4th Sunday, she made a suggestion that "perhaps I might be happier reading a book on Sunday afternoon"! Gulp! Well she was right and I went back to my beloved books and left Bonnie and Fred high and dry. They didn't speak to me for 2 weeks. But it was alright, I just kept on reading.

"Playing Canasta"

Now that it is getting cloudy I don't have enough good light to continue painting, which meas I have time to have some fun with my computer. The following are "The Rose" from the original painting through some alterations. I know, I'm just killing time.

Okay, I'm through playing with "The Rose" and wasting your time and mine. Really, I'm not bored - really!
We'll be Dancing in the rain soon.

No comments: