Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday Projects

Washing Clothes, Cleaning House, Defrosting the Refrigerator. . .Nah ! I'd rather paint and then, go back to my really good read. I mentioned earlier that I was going to begin a painting that is totally outside my box. It is a composite picture. But as it became time to begin painting, courage when down the drain. So I reproduced one of the elements and painted it. Reproducing from brain to paper sometimes poses problems for me. It is somewhat incomplete and I didn't reach the richness of the colors I wanted, but courage is building.
I decided to use my Print Shop to reproduce this image and in Photo enhancement I used Colorization to see what it looks like in different colors or just plain negative. I think it's fun to alter a paining with out a lot of effort.
Now if I could just pick up my brush and click a button on my forehead. . .Anyway, I thought you might like to see how this looks after being altered through Print Shop. This is not how I would choose to paint it. I did several different ones but for some reason this is the only one that I could import into this. Actually, I'm better known as "computer illiterate". I find the most incredible things on the computer, mostly by accident. Then I never could find them again until my son explained some very rudimentary rules of saving things. His comment was - Duh!!
Just got back from taking a break. We went down to Beira Mar (the beach street) to have these incredibly good Italian ice cream cones. Double dip, of curse (misspelling intended). Very fattening, they wouldn't be good otherwise, now would they?
I should explain "we". My son's fiancee and her 9 yr. old daughter, Melissa, live with me while my son is offshore working as an underwater welder. For the time being he is based out of Louisiana and has been working primarily in the Gulf of Mexico. "We", also includes my 5 cats, but I don't allow them walks on the beach nor double dip ice cream cones. There is a saying that "thousands of years ago Cats were worshiped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten that." I believe it's true. Anyone owning a cat has surely experienced that God like attitude that cats have.
"Crocks and Cans"
I am also working on a commission piece, a jacket design for a Christian Book. This is exciting and very challenging for me. The book has been completed and is now being edited, so I am under a
bit of time constraint. If, at some point, I am allowed, I will post it.
"Coffee and the Word"
I painted Coffee and the Word last year for my dear sister in law, Natalie, who lives in Colorado and still haven't gotten it to her. I think it would be good if she came here to get it. Yes I do!

No comments: