Friday, March 7, 2008

TGIF

Another TGIF day. We've been having lots of rain. Certainly does cool down the air, but sorry to say leaves it much heavier with humidity. Don't you love it after it rains. When the sun comes back out it has this wonderful color. And the greens are splendid. I also like the color of the sun in the afternoons in the fall. It is such a warm colored sun. I'm not a person who especially loves the color yellow, but sometimes the yellow of the sun amplifies every other color - not to mention your mood. My "almost" granddaughter, Melissa age 9, will be spending tonight and the rest of the week end with a school friend and return home on Monday after school. It will be very quiet here, because she is always bright and upbeat and a non-stop talker. I say that kindly. She also loves to paint, especially when she sees me painting. So today, since it is the end of the week and she is gone, I'm going to surprise her and post HER paintings today beginning with the little Angels she made for Christmas. She used the picture of the Angels to make name tags for

her packages. But, first I think I should start with the Christmas tree. We called it "Melissa Tree" because she hung all 276 Christmas balls on it. (Ana and I finally decided that maybe we went a bit overboard on the decorations!) It was her first Christmas in Fortaleza and she was so excited about it that under these circumstances she didn't tire until all 276 balls were hung.

I suppose you must think I'm nuts, Christmas in March, but it's just my preamble for Melissa's Angels. They were not too easy to photograph so I did them on different backgrounds, one white and one blue.
The following are two paintings Melissa did for me.
"Melissa's Flower"
"Melissa's Mermaid" Hope you enjoyed and to you Melissa, "Surprise" hope you liked seeing your paintings on here Until tomorrow - are you sure I can't have this dance?

No comments: