Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday, Soup Day

Growing up , Wednesday was always Soup Day. Didn't matter what the weather was like, except for Chile. It always had to be a cold snowy day or dark rainy day for Chile
"Soups On"
Several years ago I started a series I call "Blue Horse" for greeting cards. I decided Blue Horse needed a friend, and about a year ago I added Butch(the barn cat).
"Blue Horse and Butch (the barn cat) Getting Acquainted"
"Blue Horse and Butch (the barn cat) A Little to the Left, Please"

I don't seem to have any firm nitch where my art is concerned. But, I guess that is okay. In the long run what really matters to me at this time in my life is that I have paper, paint, brushes and a great passion to put them to use. I like to make little boxes out of water color paper to give away to friends or family members. Below are a couple of them.

1 comment:

Barb Sailor said...

Saturday night was always soup day at our house. Dear sister, I should have known that your family would also have a 'soup night!' I love your painting, especially the addition of the lettering underneath. What can I say Carol - you are SO talented -both as a painter and also as a writer. This blog is the perfect outlet for your talents! Love You,
Barb