Monday, February 25, 2008

"Monday, Monday. . ."

"Monday Morning"
Gosh, here it is Monday again. I slacked over the weekend and read a book and watched a couple of DVD's. Decadent behavior. I'm starting a new paianting and I'm going to experiment with it. If it turns out okay, I will post it - it not we'll all forget I said I was going to do a new painting! Righ? I have no formal art background, so I take the long way around to reach an effect that other artists reach in a heartbeat, because they learned the shortcuts. The internet has opened a wonderful world of learning to me - as it has I know to others who are interested in learning about this or that. Like most things it can be for good or for bad. Like loving chocolate, but how good is it for you? Hmmmm? Now and then I like to experiment with my digital camera in Print Shop. I liked what the fish eye produced with these 2 photos. The fish eye was somewhat lost in the second photo because of scaling it down in size "Melissa Escaping the Surf" My soon to be granddaughter Melissa, age 9, loves being in the water. She barely leaves it to get something to eat or drink. This picture was taken at Beach Park about an hour south of where I live. It is a huge Disney-like water park right on the beach. You can either go into the water park which boasts the highest water slide in the world or you can just relax at a kiosk on the beach, drink that ice cold beer and listen to live music "Days End" The Atlantic is a beautiful deep blue and bathtub warm. I must need be by the ocean, but I really don't want to be in the ocean. I don't know what kind of creepy crawly things are lurking on the floor. Too much imagination, I suppose.
"When We Were Young"

1 comment:

Barb Sailor said...

Hi carol,
I LOVE your Monday, Monday painting. What a good choice for a Monday - wash day!
Luv,
Barb